*******
"When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul or brings joy,
care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life."
Jean Shinoda Bolen
*******

May 23, 2009

This and That

Well, yesterday did not go well. Our old kitty, Varmint was in a cat fight mid-afternoon, and it was almost midnight before we found her and brought her inside. She's been seriously injured, but she's doing a little better today. We're still keeping a close watch on her. I'm just waiting for a decent hour to call the vet for her to get treatment. Last night, I had to call a vet in Great Falls for advice until this morning when she can be seen (hopefully) by one of our local vets. We made the decision that no matter how crazy our three kitties drive us, they are from now on, inside cats. I was heart sick when I saw Varmint. She's almost 15, and only weighs about 4 pounds, and the cat that fought with her was probably closer to 12 pounds. Plus, Gary tells me the truck seriously needs new brakes, which thrills me no end since we've only had the truck since January. I guess that's a pitfall when purchasing a used vehicle! Oh, and the car needs the air conditioning fixed (the car is a 2006!) and needs the tires balanced and rotated. I think that's it for today's list!

No comments: