My back is still giving me major fits and I'm still not scheduled for surgery. This is the only thing I've made recently and it took me many days to put together since I can't sit for long periods of time!
I found the pattern for the snowman HERE at the Archiver's website. It's not as hard as it looks! I spent more time trying to quill strips bigger then 1/4" than making the actual snowman! The photo doesn't show it, but the entire snowman is covered in fairy dust glitter (JoAnn's)!!! See changes and additions I made to the pattern below the photo.
Changes to pattern:
First, for the actual snowman, I used 11" strips of white cardstock rather than the 12" strips because I always have an abundance of 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock! I also used 2-1/2" circles of cardstock for the larger rosettes instead of the 1-3/8" circles in the pattern on both sides of the rosette. the larger cirlces made the rosettes much more stable. I used wide Scor-tape to attached the circles. Before attaching the second circle on the rosette, I used hot glue in the centers of the rosettes. (If you don't have a 2-1/2" circle punch or a Cricut to cut the circles, just use something like a pint canning jar and trace circles.) I also added 2 circles of cardstock between each rosette to add space between rosettes that were similar in size.
At the top of his head, I added a 1-3/4" rosette because it was too much of a ridge.
I also made a much large pipe. I used a 3/4" strip of craft cardstock and sponges it with Vintage photo distress ink (Ranger/Tim Holtz), rolled it and then pull it out just like his carrot nose. Then I used the original piece for the pipe and glued a 3/4" strip around it for a higher bowl for the pipe. Again, I sponge Vintage Photo distress ink on the bowl.
I also used two 3" circles of black cardstock and a 1" strip to make the brim of the hat. Score 3/8" along both long edges of the 1" strip and cut triangles out of the 3/8" edges. Fold on the score lines. apply glue and wrap along outer edges of the large cardstock circles. tada! You have a hat brim! I used hot glue to attached the cylinder to the brim (I used the measurement for the cylinder in the directions) and also to attach the top of the hat (1-7/8" circle of black cardstock) to the cylinder. I then added three little stars made with the merry minis punch (SU) & gold embossing powder. I also used a piece of gold plastic canvas cord (Darice) for the hat decoration.
Finally, I added a double wrap of a knitted I-cord made from dark purple regular yarn for his scarf (the "1/4" sweater trim" on page 11 of the SU Holiday mini is actually I-cord!).
HERE is a video on how to make knitted I-cord (just use a tapestry needle to thread in the ends of your yarn).
HERE is a video for a crocheted I-cord (again just use a tapestry needle to thread in the ends of your yarn).