*******
"When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul or brings joy,
care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life."
Jean Shinoda Bolen
*******

October 26, 2012

Forced Time Off!

On October 12th, I woke with the most tremendous pain on the right side of my lower back and pain radiating down the front of my right leg, just to my knee.  I've had this type of pain before, so I took muscle relaxers and laid around for almost two days.  Didn't help.  It got worse.  I literally could not walk without excruciating pain.

The only good thing about the trip to the emergency room was the two hours of pain relief.  After a trip to my doctor and an MRI, I was told that I had a herniated disc between L4 & L5, a bulging disc between L1 & L2, and a growth below L1 that was pushing against a nerve cluster.  What?  Really?  My doctor had provided me with anti-inflammatory and pain meds, but after a few days of being sick, I gave up on the anti-inflammatory!

So, the doctor made an appointment for me to see a neurosurgeon on November 13th.  At that point, it was 4 weeks away and I really was in tears.

I was able to get the appointment moved up to November 6th, which isn't far off now.  My daily goal has been to walk anywhere in my house without feeling crippled with pain!  I pay attention to when I eat and when I take a pain pill, or I end up sick.  I just want to walk from my living room sofa to the kitchen for a glass of water without assistance!

My dear sweet husband has his hands full:  working full time, working on 12 credits of college classes, and taking care of me.  He's kept up very well with laundry, cooking, and doing everything.  Thank you dear one!  Thank you also to Jamie, a dear new friend, who brought us the most delicious casserole and keeps checking on me.

Anyway, I have been forced to take some time off from creating anything.  I miss my craft studio, and I miss my life!  I am not used to being so idle.

I'm pretty sure I'm heading for surgery, I just don't know when.  I keep praying and trying to concentrate on anything but the pain.

Please keep checking back because as soon as I feel better, I will start posting again!

1 comment:

Diane Ridpath said...

I'm so sorry about all the pain you're having, Jen. I hope everything goes well and you are able to get this problem fixed soon. Miss seeing you around the chats lately. (((hugs))) Diane (aka QueensPaperPalace)