*******
"When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul or brings joy,
care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life."
Jean Shinoda Bolen
*******

October 12, 2012

Another Ornament!

I finally gave the ornament framelits and stamp set back to my SU Demo, Pam, who said I could keep them if I still wanted to use them, but, I bought my own set so now I can play anytime I want!  To top off my week, when Pam delivered my SU order she also gifted me a package of the Candlelight Christmas DP!  I was so surprised!  That's just Pam - she does that all the time - she's just the best and sweetest SU Demo ever!  Her only condition was that I had to make her an ornament out of it - not a problem!  (I forgot to take a picture of her ornament!)

Gary was feeling a bit left out - not a single "masculine" ornament in all those I made, so I hunted up some scraps of paper (literally!), and found some from last year's Graphic 45 collection (clocks on the fronts of these papers).  So, I got busy!  This is the "darkest" ornament I've made and the picture just doesn't show the details. So, here's Gary's ornament (which is now hanging in his college "study" room, aka man cave):


I think I'm addicted to making these ornaments!  As you can see - no ribbon or tulle!  This is not the ornament on the front of the SU Holiday Mini catalog, but my own version using four of the ornament dies.  I actually didn't have enough of the black print paper, so I used Michael's Kraft cardstock for the back two  cuts of the two largest ornaments.  It gives the ornament sort of a shadow effect.

Not ALL ornaments have to be for Christmas or frilly!

No comments: